2011 DigCCurr Public Symposium - Curate Me: Stewardship of Personal Digital Archives
January 7, 2011
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Explore strategies for:
- Integrating personal digital information into the curation workflow
- Guiding inividuals to manage their own collections of digital content
- Engaging audiences with collections of personal digital information
- Meet other professionals working with digital collections and personal information
- Participate in collaborative group discussions with attendees and speakers
This one-day event will include panel discussions with experts in the morning and an interactive group session in the afternoon. Coffee and a lunch will be provided.
Registration is now open! Visit the registration page to register. Registration costs $45 and includes coffee breaks and lunch.
- Cal Lee and Helen Tibbo, professors at the School of Information and Library Science UNC-Chapel Hill
- Cathy Marshall, Senior Researcher at Microsoft Research's Silicon Valley Lab
- Nancy McGovern, the Digital Preservation Officer for the Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research
- Naomi Nelson, Director of the Rare Books, Manuscript, and Special Collections Library at Duke University
- Jeff Ubios, The Bassetti Foundation
- Other speakers to be announced
2010 Public Symposium: Engaging Communities for the Curation of Digital Products of Scholarly Endeavors
Project contacts Dr. Helen Tibbo at [tibbo (at) email (dot) unc (dot) edu]
Dr. Cal Lee at [calle (at) email (dot) unc (dot) edu], or
Angela Murillo at [amurillo (at) email (dot) unc (dot) edu].